Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Business Tips for Self Employment

When I started my own catering business I didn’t consider the business end of it; I was just thinking about getting clients and cooking the food. I never considered the work it would be keeping up with the bills, payroll, ordering, and all the other fine details that go along with owning a business. It didn’t take long before I knew I needed some help and that’s when I started looking into the Peachtree Complete software for accounting. It seemed to have everything I needed to run my business and seemed quite easy to use.

I needed one program that would keep track of billings, payroll, would print checks and invoices, and wash dished. I’ve gotten it to do all those things and more, except wash the dishes; nothing is perfect I guess. I was spending so much time chasing down invoices and wondering if I paid certain bills that it was taking away from doing my work in the kitchen. Once I started using the business accounting software my life got a whole lot easier.

Once my business took off and I started getting a lot of clients I hired somebody to do all my accounting and payroll. The great thing about the software I’m using is that it’s so easy to learn and use I was able to train the girl in just a few days. Most of the applications are self explanatory and require no real accounting knowledge. It does all the work for you; all you have to do is type in the numbers. It comes with payroll and inventory software; I didn’t have to buy separate programs to get all the tools I needed to run my business.

I really enjoy having my own business and I like the fact that there is little paperwork involved in using the software I have for my accounting needs. I give my clients the option of paperless invoices and just send reminders to their email addresses. I am able to link my online banking up to my software to make bill payments a breeze. I had no idea there would be so much involved in running a business and I’m very lucky that I found all the great business tools all wrapped up nicely in one complete program. I don’t think I would have been as successful as I am now had I not found a way to keep all my accounting business under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment